Daytona Beach Comic Convention is one of longest running comic, toy and collectable cons on the east coast of Florida. And the 2021 event is September 18-19 at the Tommy Lawrence Arena at the Volusia County Fair Grounds in DeLand, Florida.
Daytona Beach Comic Convention has a “Small Press Expo”
Daytona Beach Comic Con features its “Small Press Expo,” which has nearly 40 booths. If you like small press, this room is for you! (more than 8,000 square feet). The following indies will be there:
- Silverline Comics is an genre spanning independent comic and graphic novel publisher.
- Scout Comics is a cutting edge comic book, intellectual property, and multi-media entertainment company
- Cosmic Times is a south Florida based comic book publisher that for more than a decade has followed the mission statement – “Quality Storytelling Above All Else”.
- Inverse Press is an independent comics publishing imprint – as many concepts as there are minds creating them.
- Second Sight Publishing is a Black-owned, independent comic publisher based in Pontotoc, Mississippi. It’s a home for diverse titles and creators.
- Pet Piranha Entertainment is an independent entertainment company specializing in the creation and development of original concepts and properties for comic-related media, including graphic novels, comic books, film, and merchandise.
Comic Book Guests at Daytona Beach Comic Convention
There are more than one dozen comic book-related guests.
- Patrick Broderick is best known for his work on The Micronauts and Alpha Flight as well as DC titles like Legion of Super-Heroes, Green Lantern, and Batman. (below left)
- Bill Morrison is an illustrator and occasional writer for The Simpsons. He also served as a director for Futurama. Morrison is co-founder of Bongo Comics (along with Matt Groening and Steve and Cindy Vance), and created his own comic Roswell. (below center)
- Sergio Cariello is a comic artist whose worked for Marvel and DC. For Marvel, he illustrated such books as Daredevil, Spider-Man, Spider-Girl, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and The Avengers. At DC, he worked on Batman, Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder-Woman, Wildcat, and Deathstroke. He also created The Action Bible, the greatest story ever told in comic book format. (below second row)
Others comic artists at Daytona Beach Comic Con include Javier Lugo, Bill Black, Jon Pinto, and many more.
An excellent list of local comic shops in the region!
Daytona Beach Comic Convention is supported by lots of local comic shops, or “LCS” for short. Here is of comic shop supporters, which by the way is an excellent list of comic shops in the region!
Daytona Beach Comic Convention hours and tickets
Saturday hours are 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday hours are 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission is $10 per day or $15 for the weekend.
The event is sponsored by Alpha Omega Certification Services.
Florida Cosplay Digital Magazine attends many cons
Florida Cosplay Digital Magazine, published by Florida Comic Cons, attends many cons in search of talented cosplayers (stay tuned to our Facebook and Instagram for updates to see if we’re coming to a con near you). Here are some of our past magazines, which are always free.